Okay, okay, okay, it has happened again. I came across another challenge and fell for it, how does this always happen? I guess I’m becoming one of those people addicted to challenges. Anyway, the new challenge is the 1% Well-Read Challenge, the title was enough to convince me I needed to join this one. To keep this a short post here’s the scoop.
All you have to do is read ten books in ten months…that’s one book a month. The books are from the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. If you do the math that comes out to about 1% of the books on the list. The challenges began on May 1, 2008 and goes through February 28, 2009.
I’ve been keeping track of the books I’ve read on this list for some time now, and I’ve already read 5.99%, so I’m excited to add another percentage point to that. I’ve gone through the list and selected the ten books I plan to read for this challenge. And here’s the list:
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
- Operation Shylock by Philip Roth
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Surfacing by Margaret Atwood
- Rabbit, Run by John Updike
- The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (yes, I haven’t read this yet)
- Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides