When Dewey started Weekly Geeks, one of the first projects she encouraged us to do was link our book reviews to each other. Sadly, I’ve fallen of the wagon on this one. For people like me who need a refresher and for all the new Weekly Geeks this is a topic that could use repeating.
Let’s look at Dewey’s original post : Dewey’s post.
Here’s what we’ll do:
1. Write a post encouraging readers to look through your archives (if you have your reviews in a particular place on your blog, point them there), and find the books that they have also written reviews. Tell them to leave a link to their review on your review post. For example, I’ve written a review for Gods Behaving Badly and Jane Doe leaves a link to her review of Gods Behaving Badly in the comments section of my review.
2. Edit your reviews to include those links in the body of the review post.
3. Visit other Weekly Geeks and go through their reviews. Leave links for them.
4. Leave a note somewhere on your blog to let people know this is your new policy.
5. Write a post later this week letting us know how your project is going!
This is a big undertaking but as Dewey put it, it’s ‘community building’. Have fun!
This weeks project is a repeat of one we did when Weekly Geeks got started. It’s one that I really enjoyed and have expanded it a bit by doing a google search of the book I’ve reviewed and link at least three other bloggers that have also reviewed the novel I did. Take a look through my archives and see if there is anything I’ve reviewed that you have also reviewed. If you find something that you have also reviewed please send me an email at email@example.com and I’ll add the link at the end of my review.